POPCORN SALE INFORMATION
Why Join Scouting?
In 1930, the Boy Scouts of America created a new opportunity called
Cub Scouting for boys younger than Boy Scout age. A year-round, home-centered
program used by chartered organizations, Cub Scouting emphasizes involvement
between boys and their parents, adult leaders, and friends. In the
multidimensional plan of the Boy Scouts of America, Cub Scouting is
where it all begins.
| Cub Scouting has the following
* Influences a boy's character development and spiritual growth.
* Develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
* Encourage sportsmanship and pride. Grow strong in mind and body.
* Improve understanding within the family.
* Strengthen a boy's ability to get along with others.
* Foster personal achievement. Develop new interests and skills.
* Provide fun and exciting new things to do.
* Show a boy how to be helpful and do his best.
* Prepare him to be a Boy Scout.